Bitcoin Gold is a hard fork of Bitcoin. Its major feature is the change of Bitcoin’s proof-of-work algorithm from SHA256 to Equihash, which made application-specific integrated circuit boards (ASICs) designed for mining Bitcoin unable to work with BTG at rapid speed. This means that BTG can be fairly mined with ubiquitous GPUs.
To start mining Bitcoin Gold on MinerGate, you should go to the "Miner" tab of our application, choose BTG and click "Start mining" in the appropriate column.
You can also mine BTG with console miners, such as EWBF miner and Claymore. The instructions are available on the related FAQ page.
When you have enough BTG to perform your first withdrawal, they can be transferred to your personal wallet or to a cryptocurrency exchange.How to withdraw Bitcoin Gold to your wallet
- Create or download a wallet for BTG. Currently, there are many options at your liking; the list of wallets that support BTG can be found on Bitcoin Gold official website.
- Visit your Dashboard on the website, find BTG and click blue Withdraw button next to it
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw or leave the field blank to withdraw the whole balance.
- Fill out the Address field with the address from your wallet and click Withdraw button again
- Your BTGs will soon arrive to your wallet.
- Find an exchange where BTG is traded. You can use your exchange account for storage or trading purposes or convert the money easily on Changelly – our convenient instant exchange service.
- Go to your Dashboard , find BTG and click Withdraw.
- The address is provided by the exchange. Please find or generate it on your exchange account and copy to the address field on MinerGate.
- Click Withdraw button.
- Your BTGs will soon arrive to the exchange.
All your withdrawals can be found in the Istorija podizanja sredstava section in your Dashboard.
Pool fees for Bitcoin Gold is 1% for PPLNS method.